MASTER'S PROGRAM IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
Computer Science is one of the main disciplines of the Faculty of IT, consisting of three majors Computer Science, Knowledge Engineering, and Computer Vision & Intelligent Cybernetics.
In addition to teaching basic subjects in the field of Computer Science, lecturers in Computer Science have also taught at the Postgraduate level (Master and PhD) since the establishment of the Faculty of IT (1996) until now. Many students of Computer Science after graduating from undergraduate and postgraduate programs have involved in significant Artificial Intelligence projects, both domestically and internationally.
Besides teaching, lecturers of Computer Science also participate in scientific research and application implementation in conjunction with domestic and foreign partners. Many national scientific projects, such as national level, national university level, and Ho Chi Minh City Department of Science and Technology level have been implemented. The number of scientific articles published in prestigious specialized international journals and prestigious international conferences is increasing.
At present, the Computer Science faculty team consists of 1 Professor, 7 Associate Professors, 29 Doctors, and many faculty members currently working in various countries around the world. Regarding international cooperation, the Computer Science Department has cooperated with the Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST) to train PhDs and Masters for more than 10 years.
The program provides in-depth knowledge and skills in the field of Computer Science. In addition to professional knowledge, students are also trained in individual skills, teamwork skills, management skills, scientific research methods and how to deploy and build a complete intelligent software product to meet the requirements of society.
GRADUATES WILL HAVE THE ABILITY
- Ability to apply advanced professional knowledge and techniques in the field of Computer Science, especially Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Information Security and Internet of Things.
- Ability to independently work, research and explore new knowledge.
- Have teamwork skills, especially communication skills (Vietnamese & English) to communicate information and jointly solve professional problems .
- Ability to formulate, identify and solve problems.
STRENGTHS OF THE PROGRAM
- Research groups in Natural Language Processing, Cryptography, Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence and Data Science are strong research groups in the Faculty of IT and VNU-HCM.
- The teaching staff is trained at the Doctoral level . The Faculty of IT currently has 8 Associate Professors and 27 PhDs with most of the lecturers having studied abroad and interned at prestigious schools in the world.
- Classes are held on weeknights, Saturdays and Sundays, suitable for students who are employed.
- The content of the program is built on the basis of reference to advanced Master training programs in the world.
- Opportunity to practice and research with a team of prestigious professors in the field of IT at international laboratories in the US, Canada, Japan, France, and other countries.
- Research directions are always updated and align with the development trends of the world. Students will have the opportunity to learn and research the latest IT topics, such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- The study and research rooms are outfitted with modern equipment, including air conditioning systems, sound systems, projectors, high-speed Internet connections, high-performance practice computers, dedicated fiber optic lines, and well-stocked libraries, all of which effectively fulfill academic and research needs.
CAREER AND ACADEMIC OPPORTUNITIES
- Students have many study directions to choose from such as Natural Language Processing, Cryptography, Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence and Data Science. Research groups in these directions are also strong research groups in the Faculty of IT and VNU.
- Opportunity with lecturers of Computer Science to participate in scientific research and application implementation in conjunction with domestic and foreign partners.
- After graduation, students have the possibility to participate in intensive job placements in Computer Science, create products with high gray matter content in domestic and foreign enterprises or research and teach in Universities and Research Institutes. Can conduct start-ups and technological innovations.
TRAINING TEAM- FACILITIES
- The teaching staff of the program consists of 1 Professors, 7 Associate Professors and 29 Doctors. In addition, the program also cooperates with leading lecturers at home and abroad such as JAIST, NII (Japan), Lyon 1 (France) and UTA (USA).
- Research and experimental facilities include super GPU (12 NVIDIA A100), robotic interactive devices, virtual reality (such as Kinect, Hololens, Leap Motion VR, Oculus), drones, etc.
ABOUT THE TRAINING PROGRAM
Students need to accumulate 60-61 credits, depending on the modality (programmatic, research-oriented, or application-oriented). Therefore, the time to complete the Master's program ranges from 1.5 to 2 years.
- Part 1: General knowledge (Philosophy and Foreign Languages)
- Part 2: Foundational knowledge, such as advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning subjects.
- Part 3: Specialized knowledge, including specialized and elective subjects. Students can choose subject groups by specializing in Coding and Applications, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Data Science and Computer Vision.
- Part 4: Graduation. Students undertake their graduation thesis or graduation project.
Major name: Computer Science
Major code: 8480101
- University graduates in the right and appropriate disciplines, including the following majors: Informatics, Information Technology, Information Pedagogy.
- In addition to the stated list of disciplines, if the candidate has diplomas in other disciplines (Mathematics; Mathematics – Informatics; Physics, Electronics and Telecommunications; Cybernetics; Electronic) must submit a copy of the graduate transcript of the Graduate University to the Graduate Education Department, for consideration by the University on a case-by-case basis and must study the following additional subjects:
- Programming Techniques
- Artificial Intelligence Algorithms and Applications
- Data Structures
Examination period (annual): 5 and 10 months
Application period (annual): 3 and 8 months
Enrollment target (annual): estimated 50
Admission method: Based on the current master's admission regulations of Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City, there are 3 forms of admission as follows:
- Direct admission: The Admission Committee bases on the list of candidates who meet the pre-selection requirements, and approves the list of candidates who meet the requirements for direct admission.
- Admission: The Admission Committee is based on the list of candidates who meet the pre-selection requirements, candidates must attend the admission interview.
- Entrance exam: Entrance exam: candidates will take 3 subjects including:
- Basic subject: Discrete Mathematics (Essay)
- Basic subject: Basic Informatics (Essay)
- Foreign language: According to the current regulations on admission to master's degrees of VNU-HCM
Training location: Nguyen Van Cu campus
Training duration: 1- 2 years (study outside office hours).