MASTER'S PROGRAM IN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
The Master's program in Artificial Intelligence (AI) aims to train a team of experts and engineers with in-depth knowledge and skills in the field of AI. The Master in AI will be able to propose, build and install AI and Machine Learning solutions to solve real-world problems.
This is the first Master’s program in AI in member schools of VNU-HCM from 2022.
Unlike Computer Science, the AI program focuses intensively on AI with subjects such as Advanced AI, Advanced Machine Learning, Big Data Mining, Machine Learning with Graph Data , and AI on Everything.
The lecturers of the AI industry also participate in scientific research and application implementation in conjunction with domestic and foreign partners. Many national scientific projects, such as the National University, Department of Science and Technology of Ho Chi Minh City, have been implemented. The number of scientific articles published in prestigious specialized international journals and prestigious international conferences is increasing. Many students of the Faculty after graduating from undergraduate and graduate levels have been participating in major projects in the field of AI at home and abroad.
The teaching staff of the AI industry, including 1 Professors, 7 Associate Professors and 29 Doctors and many lecturers are currently working in many countries around the world.
From 2022, the AI master's program is sponsored by the Big Data Research Institute, VINGROUP (VINIF Foundation ). The program will have 5 scholarships for students with the best entrance results, each scholarship worth 120 million/student.
- The Master of AI program aims to train human resources at the Master's level in AI with high quality professional expertise and professional ethics, in order to meet the trend of scientific and technological development in the country and in the world.
- Through learning and scientific research activities, learners are oriented to build solid foundation knowledge, demonstrate the ability to self-research, work independently and creatively, cultivate scientific and professional ethics.
- After completing the program, learners are equipped with extensive knowledge of AI to solve scientific and technical problems in the industry, ready to become a part of Vietnam's highly qualified human resources in the integration period.
GRADUATES WILL HAVE THE ABILITY
- Working at units operating in the field of Information Technology in general and AI in particular, at domestic and foreign companies and organizations with main positions such as:
- AI Engineer, Data Engineer: responsible for building, installing and deploying models and solutions for intelligent analysis and forecasting based on data
- AI Scientist, Data Scientist: responsible for proposing, designing and evaluating smart AI application models and solutions.
- Lecturers and scientists in the field of AI at research and training agencies.
- Specialist in project planning, coordination, policy making for AI development for companies and organizations.
- Continue doctoral studies in the field of AI and related fields.
STRENGTHS OF THE PROGRAM
- Research groups in Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, AI and Data Science are strong research groups in the Faculty of IT and VNU.
- The teaching staff is trained at the Doctoral level . The Faculty of IT currently has 1 Professor, 7 Associate Professors and 29 Doctors with most of the Lecturers having studied abroad and interned at prestigious schools in the world.
- Classes are held on weeknights, Saturdays and Sundays, suitable for students who are employed.
- The content of the program is built on the basis of reference to advanced Master training programs in the world.
- Opportunity to practice and research with a team of prestigious professors in the field of IT at international laboratories in the US, Canada, Japan, France, and other countries.
- Research directions are always updated and in line with the development trend of the world. Students will have the opportunity to learn and research about the latest topics in the IT field, such as AI and machine learning.
- The study and research rooms are equipped with modern equipment. Air conditioning systems, sound systems, projectors, high-altitude Internet connections, high-profile practice computers, dedicated fiber optic lines, libraries, etc. meet academic and research requirements well.
CAREER AND ACADEMIC OPPORTUNITIES
- Students have many research directions to choose from such as Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, AI - Machine Learning and Data Science. Research groups in these directions are also strong research groups in the Faculty of IT and VNU.
- Opportunity to join lecturers of the AI industry to participate in scientific research and application implementation in conjunction with domestic and foreign partners.
- After graduation, students have the ability to participate in specialized job positions in AI, create products with high gray matter content in domestic and foreign enterprises or research and teach in universities and research institutes. Can conduct start-ups and technological innovations.
TEACHING STAFF - FACILITIES
- The teaching staff of the program consists of 1 Professor, 7 Associate Professors and 29 Doctors. In addition, the program also cooperates with leading lecturers at home and abroad such as JAIST, NII (Japan), Lyon 1 (France) and UTA (USA).
- Research and experimental facilities include super GPU (12 NVIDIA A100), robotic interactive devices, virtual reality (such as Kinect, Hololens, Leap Motion VR, Oculus), drones, etc.
ABOUT THE TRAINING PROGRAM
Students need to accumulate 60-61 credits, depending on the modality (programmatic, research-oriented, or application-oriented). Therefore, the time to complete the Master's program ranges from 1.5 to 2 years.
- Part 1: General knowledge (Philosophy and Foreign Languages)
- Part 2: Basic knowledge, such as advanced AI subjects, Math for advanced AI, Programming for advanced AI, and Machine Learning.
- Part 3: Specialized knowledge, including specialized and elective subjects. Students can choose the following subjects: Advanced Natural Language Processing, Big Data Mining, Applied Machine Learning, Machine Learning with Graph Data, and Advanced Computer Vision.
- Part 4: Graduation. Students undertake their graduation thesis or graduation project .
Major name: Artificial Intelligence
Major code: 8480107
- University graduates in the right and relevant disciplines, including: Computer Science, Data Science, Informatics, Information Technology, Information Education, Computer Engineering, and Management Information Systems.
- In addition to the list of disciplines stated, if the candidate has diplomas in other disciplines (Mathematics, Mathematics - Informatics, Physics, Electronics and Telecommunications, Cybernetics, Electronics and Biomedical Engineering), he must submit a copy of the graduate transcript of the Graduate University to the Graduate Education Department, for the school to consider on a case-by-case basis and must study the following additional subjects:
- Programming techniques
- Artificial Intelligence Algorithms and Applications
- Data structures
Examination period (annual): 5 and 10 months
Application period (annual): 3 and 8 months
Enrollment target (annually): 30 students/year
Admission method: Based on the current master's admission regulations of Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City, there are 3 forms of admission as follows:
- Direct admission: The Admission Committee bases on the list of candidates who meet the pre-selection requirements, and approves the list of candidates who meet the requirements for direct admission.
- Admission: The Admission Committee is based on the list of candidates who meet the pre-selection requirements, candidates must attend the admission interview.
- Entrance exam: Entrance exam: candidates will take 3 subjects including:
- Basic subject: Discrete Mathematics (Essay)
- Basic subject: Basic Informatics (Essay)
- Foreign language: According to the current regulations on admission to master's degrees of VNU-HCM
Training location: Nguyen Van Cu campus
Training duration: 1- 2 years (study outside office hours).